Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes are so easy to make when baked in a sheet pan. Made with pumpkin puree, all-purpose flour, plant milk, and all the right spices, these sheet pan pumpkin pancakes are easily mixed and baked up in no time. Served buttery and sweet with warm maple syrup, these vegan baked pumpkin pancakes are a delightful seasonal breakfast treat.
Have you ever made baked sheet pan pancakes before? They are so much easier than measuring out individual pancake portions and cooking them a few at a time. Sheet pan pancakes are just like their standard round pancake counterpart. They have the same ingredients and taste the same. Because they are the same…as long as you are good with square pancakes!
These are the best pumpkin pancakes! These seasonal vegan pumpkin pancakes are perfect for a cool fall morning served with melted (vegan) butter and warmed maple syrup. Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate or warmed apple cider with your baked pumpkin pancakes.
For some more tasty seasonal pumpkin recipes – both savory and sweet, check out this post with the very best vegan pumpkin recipes from Veggie Fun Kitchen.
Pin now to save for later
Ingredients needed to make baked pumpkin pancakes
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder – Make sure your baking powder is fresh.
- ground cinnamon, powdered ginger, and ground cloves – OR you can substitute with an equal amount of pumpkin pie spice. Did you know you can make your own pumpkin pie spice if you can’t find it at the store?
- sea salt
- pumpkin puree – Make homemade pumpkin puree or buy canned pumpkin puree. Just make sure you are using solid pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix.
- vanilla extract
- oat milk – Or use another plant milk of your choice such as almond milk.
- vegetable oil – or use melted coconut oil
- brown sugar
How to make baked pumpkin pancakes
The exact ingredients with measurements can be found in the recipe card below along with more concise abbreviated instructions. Read on for more details, tips, and tricks so that you will feel confident making this recipe.
Step one: Preheat and prepare
Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare the sheet pan. This recipe works best in a standard half-size sheet pan which measures about 12.9″ x 17.9. Any baking sheet around 12×18 should work fine though.
You could even use a 9×13 cake pan if that is all you have. Be aware though that the cooking time will be longer or it will be doughy inside.
Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside while you are mixing the pumpkin pancake batter.
Step two: The dry ingredients
In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, powdered ginger, and cloves. Blend well so that no chunks of spices remain. It’s important that the dry ingredients be well mixed before adding the wet ingredients so that you don’t overmix and overdevelop the gluten.
Instead of the ground cinnamon, ginger and cloves, you can also use an equal amount of your favorite pumpkin pie spice if you prefer OR you can make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice.
Step Three: The wet ingredients
In a (separate) large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and brown sugar until nice and smooth. You will be adding in the oat milk in the next step with the flour mixture.
Step Four: Putting the vegan pumpkin pancakes mixture all together
First, add one-third cup of the oat milk to the pumpkin mixture, whisking till smooth. Next, fold in half of the flour mixture with a spatula, then alternate with one-third cup of milk, the rest of the flour, and ending with the oat milk.
Only fold till the ingredients have been incorporated. Don’t overmix or you risk overdeveloping the gluten (and having tough pancakes).
Final step: Baking the sheet pan pancakes
Pour the pancake batter into a prepared baking sheet or sheet pan. Spread the batter to the edges until nice and even and level.
Bake the vegan pancakes for 25-30 minutes until nice and golden brown and the pancakes spring back with lightly touched.
Cut the sheet pan pumpkin pancakes into 12 equal squares. Three pancake squares make one serving, so you will get four full servings out of this recipe.
Top with a little vegan butter, warm maple syrup, or coconut date syrup for a tasty seasonal breakfast dish.
The Printable Recipe Card
Did you love this recipe?
Want to share the love? It would be great if you could leave five ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ stars and even a comment. Did you know that this will help Google to find this recipe when others are looking for something similar? Thanks, Cindy
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes Baked in a Sheet Pan
- 1 half sheet pan about 12x18ish link in notes
- 2½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ Tablespoon ground cinnamon see notes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger see notes
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves see notes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat milk or plant milk of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. I also spritz the parchment paper with cooking spray for good measure.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Blend well so that no chunks of seasoning remain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and brown sugar until nice and smooth.
- Add approximately one-third of the oat milk, whisking till smooth. Fold in half of the flour mixture with a spatula, then alternate with one-third of milk, the rest of the flour, and ending with the oat milk. Only fold till the ingredients have been incorporated. Don't overmix or you risk overdeveloping the gluten (and having tough pancakes).
- Pour the pancake batter into a prepared baking sheet or sheet pan. Spread the batter to the edges until nice and even and level.
- Bake for 25 -28 minutes until the pancakes spring back with lightly touched. If you use a 9×13 baking pan then your pancakes will be a little bit thicker and will require longer baking.
- Serve right away with vegan butter and warm maple syrup.