As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This “table-side” Guacamole at Home recipe tastes like you are sitting at a table, eating it at a Mexican restaurant. It’s really not hard to make though and then lucky you, you get to munch on it in the comfort of your home.
I’m all for using short-cuts; and when I need guacamole as part of my overall recipe – like my loaded nachos or potato nachos, I don’t mind buying it from the store pre-made. For my palate, I can’t really tell the difference.
But when I just want to sit and munch with tortilla chips, there is really no replacement for homemade guacamole.
Ingredients needed for tableside guacamole:
To make this homemade guacamole you will need:
- 2 jumbo avocados (or three small)
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- red onion
- lime juice
- jalapenos (I use pickled tamed)
- sea salt
How to make the freshest homemade guacamole:
I start with two jumbo avocados. I wait to cut into them though until everything else is prepared so that my guacamole will be extra fresh. Avocados turn quickly. Even if you sprinkle lime juice on top, the flavor still starts to taste a little off to me.
So dice the red onions, de-seed and chop the tomato and jalapeño, and mince the cilantro. Have the lime juice already squeezed out and ready to add to the mix to keep your avocado from browning.
I’ll let you in on a little secret. I use bottled lime juice unless I’m feeling really ambitious. I really can’t tell the difference when I do, but it does make me feel a little more authentic when I juice my own…but whatever.
Here is another secret. My family doesn’t like the heat of jalapeños but I like the flavor. I use the “tamed” kind that come in a jar. Use what makes you happy.
I like my guacamole a little chunky and so I very carefully cut/mash it up, being mindful to leave some chunks.
Who wants some chips and guacamole!?!
Pin now to save for later:
Table-Side Guacamole at Home
- 2 jumbo avocados
- 2 roma tomatoes de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons diced jalapeños
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Get all other ingredients ready before you open your avocados. Dice and chop vegetables and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Being careful not to mash the avocado too much, toss all ingredients together.
- Immediately put into an airtight container and refrigerate. Guacamole exposed to the air will turn brown.