These plant-based Loaded Nacho Potatoes are great for when you want a hearty nacho plate but don’t want to deal with the oily processed chips. They use my Oven Baked Crispy Potato Wedges as the base. You’ll want to grab that recipe here.
You’ll also want to grab my Vegan Chili Cheese Sauce recipe here for the Instant Pot or here for the stovetop version.
Finally, grab the recipe for Tofu Taco Crumbles here.
You can make the Vegan Chili Cheese Sauce and the Taco Tofu Crumbles up to a couple of days ahead of time. Just warm before assembling the loaded nacho potatoes.
You can then give yourself a break with a few short-cuts. You’ll need a can of black beans, guacamole, and pico de Gallo.
You can buy the guacamole and pico de Gallo pre-made or if you are really interested in making them yourself, try these recipes:
Assemble in layers starting with the potato wedges, then beans, tofu taco crumbles, vegan cheese sauce, pico de gallo and guacamole. Repeat. Feel free to top with cilantro and jalapeños if desired.
These loaded nacho potatoes are honestly a little tricky to eat with your hands. We found it easier to portion onto plates and eat with a fork. If you choose to go the hands method – well, they are finger-licking tasty!
You can eat these as a snack or as a main course. If you serve to others you must disclose that the Vegan Chili Cheese Sauce contains nuts since that is not normally an ingredient found in nachos.
Loaded Nacho Potatoes (Plant-Based and Vegan)
- 1 recipe Oven Baked Crispy Potato Wedges
- 1 recipe Vegan Chili Cheese Sauce
- 1 recipe Tofu Taco Crumbles
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 container pico de Gallo
- 1 container guacamole
- cilantro optional
- jalapeños optional
- Make the Vegan Chili Cheese Sauce, set aside. You can make several days ahead of time. Warm before assembling.
- Make the Taco Tofu Crumbles, set aside. You can make several days ahead of time. Warm before assembling.
- Make Oven Baked Crispy Potato Wedges just before assembling.
- Assemble in layers starting with a potato base, then followed with beans, tofu crumbles, vegan cheese sauce, pico de gallo, and guacamole. Repeat with a second layer.
- Top with jalapeños and cilantro if desired.
1 thought on “Loaded Nacho Potatoes (Plant-Based and Vegan)”
I cannot wait to try this. It looks awesome and something everybody in my family will enjoy, even the omnivores. Thanks for sharing!