This Loaded Nachos (Vegan) recipe is a hearty dish that can be used as a main course or can be shared with friends and makes for a great party dish! (Please note that you must disclose that this recipe contains nuts if you serve to others.)
These loaded vegan nachos don’t make use of the vegan “fake” foods that are out there such as commercial vegan “meat” and “cheese”; rather, I do use a plant-based homemade vegan chili cheese sauce and taco tofu crumbles. You’ll want to have those prepared ahead of time. You can even prepare the tofu crumbles and vegan cheese sauce a day or two ahead of time and then just heat up when you are ready.
To make these vegan nachos, I use my Vegan Chili Cheese Sauce. You’ll want to grab the recipe here if you have an Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker) and here if you’ll be making it on the stovetop instead.
You’ll also need to grab my recipe for Tofu Taco Crumbles. The tofu taco crumbles don’t figure into the nachos as the “main event” but are only there to remind you that you are eating loaded nachos.
Since you will be making the taco tofu crumbles and vegan chili cheese sauce – and they are somewhat labor intensive – you can take a few short-cuts with canned black beans, store bought pico de Gallo, and guacamole.
But…If you wanted to make your own you can find the recipes here:
You’ll need to find a sturdy tortilla chip for this very heavy laden-down dish. A thin chip will fall apart in your hands. Also, if you are vegan then make sure your chip is lard free.
Assemble your nachos with layers of chips, tofu taco crumbles, black beans, vegan chili cheese sauce, and pico de Gallo. Top with cilantro and jalapeños if desired.
For a more plant-based version (without the tortilla chips), try my Loaded Nacho Potatoes.
Loaded Nachos (Vegan)
- 1 recipe Vegan Chili Cheese Sauce make ahead
- 1 recipe Tofu Taco Crumbles make ahead
- 1 bag tortilla chips look for a sturdy chip
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 recipe Pico de Gallo or use store bought
- 1 recipe Guacamole or use store bought
- jalapeños optional
- cilantro optional
- Make ahead Vegan Chili Cheese Sauce, set aside. This can be made a few days ahead of time and refrigerated. Warm before using.
- Made ahead Taco Tofu Crumbles, set aside. This can be made a few days ahead of time and refrigerated. Warm before using.
- Assemble in layers starting with chips, tofu crumbles, black beans, pico de Gallo, vegan cheese sauce, and guacamole. Repeat. Top with cilantro and jalapeños if desired.