This easy vegan herbed buttered corn is for the butter lovers. Its buttery flavor is enhanced with herbal infusions from fresh rosemary and fresh thyme. Use vegan butter for an easy elegant vegan side dish you will be proud to serve for your special meal.
This rich and herbal vegan side dish should have been named “The Butter-Lovers’ Herbed Corn Recipe”. It takes a plain boring corn side dish to a whole new level of WOW!
I added this easy vegan herbed buttered corn to my holiday recipe collection a few years ago when I was looking for something that would be super easy to throw together, yet taste like I’d been working on it half the day.
The hardest part of this recipe is chopping a few fresh herbs and remembering to put your frozen corn in the fridge the night before. Once you’ve done that, it’s just a matter of melting, sauteing, and enjoying!
Recipes using corn as the main ingredients are delicious and nostalgic holiday side dishes. Slow cooker creamed corn casserole is a classic that has been made vegan. For something new and refreshing you could try air fryer corn on the cob. So tasty!
Pin now to save for later
Ingredients needed to make this super easy vegan herbed buttered corn dish
- corn kernels, I use frozen
- vegan butter
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- fresh thyme
- sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme for garnish
- You will also need a large saute pan
How to make the easiest most flavorful vegan herbed buttered corn
This delicious vegan side dish is seriously ridiculously easy to make. The most challenging part will be to remember to start your corn thawing and stripping and chopping your herbs.
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
You will need a total of three cups of corn kernels for this vegan side dish. You can use frozen corn, fresh corn, or canned corn (drained).
I prefer to use frozen corn. Frozen corn has a fresh taste and texture and is easy to prepare. You just pull it out from your freezer and use it!
I recommend mostly thawing the corn before using it. This will give you a super quick cooking time. If you use frozen corn, that’s okay but it may take a little longer to cook AND if it has ice crystals on it, you might need to cook a little longer for the extra liquid to evaporate.
For this dish, I really do like to use fresh herbs. If you use dry herbs, the ratio of dry to fresh is 1:3. The most challenging step here will be to take the little thyme leaves off the stem part. This handy little fresh herb stripper makes doable a pretty arduous task.
step 2: Infuse the vegan butter
In a large skillet, melt the vegan butter. Stir in salt, pepper, and chopped herbs. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the herb flavors infuse the butter. Stir frequently to prevent the herbs from burning.
The final step: Cook the corn
Add the corn to the pan and mix until it is all coated with the butter herb mix. Cook an additional 5-7 minutes until the corn is heated through.
I wait to make this side dish till right before I’m going to serve my special dinner or buffet. Put it in a pretty serving dish, set it on the table, and wait for them to ask for seconds!
For some other easy vegan side dishes from Veggie Fun Kitchen, try:
- Vegan Buttery Brown Sugar Carrots Made in the Slow Cooker
- Smoky Maple Brussels Sprouts Made in the Air Fryer
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Maple Glazed Carrots with Thyme Made in the Instant Pot
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Garlic, Chives, and Cream Cheese (Vegan)
The printable recipe card for easy vegan herbed buttered corn
Did you love this recipe?
Want to share the love? It would be great if you could leave five ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ stars and even a comment. Did you know that this will help Google to find this recipe when others are looking for something similar? Thanks, Cindy
Easy Vegan Herbed Butter Corn
- 3 cups corn kernels I use frozen
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 Tablespooon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- Set the frozen corn in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours and allow to mostly thaw before using. It does not have to be all the way thawed – just not frozen sold. This thaw time is not included in the prep time.
- Strip the fresh herbs from the woody stalk, chop the rosemary, and measure out the other ingredients.
- In a large skillet, melt the vegan butter. Stir in salt, pepper, and chopped herbs. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the herb flavors infuse into the butter. Stir frequently to prevent the herbs from burning.
- Add the corn to the pan and mix until it is all coated with the butter herb mix. Cook an additional 5-7 minutes until the corn is heated through.