As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This vegan corn casserole is a plant-based take on the classic cornbread casserole made in the slow cooker. It’s creamy, delicious, and dairy-free. It’s so easy to make too! Just blend up the silken tofu mixture, melt the vegan butter, and dump all the ingredients into your slow cooker.
Some holiday food items you really miss! This slow cooker corn casserole was definitely a special holiday dish my family missed! Luckily, with the invention of vegan-friendly food items, we can transform almost every favorite recipe into a dish not only we as a family can enjoy, but that we can be proud to share with anyone! This creamy vegan corn casserole is no exception!
Some other delicious vegan holiday dishes:
- Sweet Potato Boats with Brown Sugar and Praline Pecans
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with Garlic, Chives, and Cream Cheese (Vegan)
- Savory Sweet Potato Casserole with Rosemary and Sage
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans and Brown Sugar Topping
Pin now to save for later:
Ingredients needed to made vegan corn casserole:
- Silken tofu
- white vinegar
- lemon juice
- vegan cornbread mix
- vegan butter
- canned sweet corn
- canned cream corn
- vegan cheddar cheese
- green chilies
Tips and Tricks to make the recipe for Slow Cooker Vegan Corn Casserole
Please read through the tips and tricks section so that your corn casserole will be a fabulous as mine!
- First of all, being honest here, this corn casserole does not do as well on the second day. This is not a make-ahead and pull-out-the-day-of kind of dish. Luckily, it can be thrown together fairly quickly, then you just set and forget it for 3-4 hours until it is finished.
- Not pictured (above) is the optional little can of chopped green chilies I like to add. My family tells me I’m crazy for adding them. I only recently started using them in this dish. I think it adds a little extra special to the flavor.
- If you can’t find a vegan cornbread mix, I’ve included substitute ingredients so that you can make your own in the recipe notes. Just look at the end to see them. The beauty of this recipe is to dump, set, and forget so I try to use a mix when I can find it.
The Vegan Sour Cream/Tofu
It might be easier for you to find vegan sour cream than it is for me. If so, use a “like amount” in the recipe. I easily make mine with silken tofu and, white vinegar, and lemon juice. Silken tofu is different from regular tofu and works best in this recipe. I would not substitute in regular block style tofu. Silken tofu is most often self-stable. You can find it in Asian markets. I get mine from Amazon. You just open the tofu and gently drain out the liquid. DO NOT PRESS the silken tofu or it will fall apart! Add it to a blender along with the vinegar and lemon juice and process till smooth.
Here is a direct (affiliate) link to the same product I purchase from Amazon:
After you make the tofu sour cream, it’s simple as can be to dump it all into your slow cooker, set for about 2- 3, then enjoy the rest of your day while your corn casserole cooks!
And now for the recipe:
Did you make this recipe? Want to share the love? It would thrill me if you could leave a comment and stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ! Plus, when you leave a great rating it helps other people who are searching for this type of recipe more easily find it. Thanks so much! Cindy 💜
- slow cooker
- 12.3 ounces Silken tofu firm
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 15-16 ounce vegan cornbread mix such as Famous Daves - see notes
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 15.25 ounces canned sweet corn, drained
- 2 14.74 ounces canned creamed corn
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds such as Follow Your Heart
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies optional
- Carefully drain, (not press) the liquid from a 12.3-ounce block of firm Silken tofu.
- In a blender, place tofu, vinegar, and lemon juice. Blend together on high until the tofu mixture is smooth and well blended. Set aside.
Putting it Together
- Into a med/large slow cooker, add in all ingredients: two cans of drained sweet corn, two cans of creamed corn, melted vegan butter, tofu mixture, vegan cornbread mix, and vegan shredded cheddar and optional green chilies Stir together until well blended.
- Set on high for 2-3 hours or until cooked through.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- add an extra