As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These pesto dinner rolls are so easy to make with canned crescents. They are made extra special with your favorite pesto. Use one of my vegan pestos for a quick and easy vegan dinner roll that everyone will love!
Elegant? Yes! Tasty? Also yes! Complicated to make? No way! All you need is a can of crescent rolls and your favorite pesto recipe. (See below and in the recipe card for recommendations on the recipes.) In no time you’ll have a warm, fragrant, flavorful basket of pesto dinner rolls on the table. They make the perfect party food for your special dinner.
For some more great party food ideas, try my:
Navigate this post
Pin now to save for later
What you will need to make tasty easy pesto dinner rolls:
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (vegan as of this writing)
- 1 cup of your favorite pesto. Mine work the best with this recipe because they are lower in oil. A super oily pesto with make for super oily rolls. Try my:
- thread or (my preference) – waxed (non-mint) dental floss. Really!
- sheet pan with parchment paper
How to make these easy elegant dinner roll
Step 1: Open and unroll the canned crescent rolls onto a sheet of parchment paper or other non-stick surface. Gently press the seams together so that you have one large rectangular shape.
Step 2: Spread the prepared pesto sauce evenly on the rectangle, leaving about 1/2 inch edge all around.
Step 3: Roll starting from the long edge until you have a nice cylinder-shape. Wet your fingers and moisten under the edge and press gently to “glue” it together.
Step 4: And here is the best part… With string or floss, you can cut perfectly shaped rolls. If you use a knife there is the danger of smashing the “log” or cylinder as you are cutting. Use the string to wrap around one time where you want to cut then just pull it together. You will be cutting ten pieces.
Step 5: Place each piece on the baking sheet with parchment paper and bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes. Space them evenly because they will grow and spread a little. They will be nice and golden light brown when done. Serve with dinner or as a snack. I like to dip in a little marinara sauce!
The printable recipe card for easy pesto dinner rolls
Did you love this recipe? Want to share the love? It would thrill me if you could leave five ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ stars and even a comment. Did you know that this will help google to find this recipe when others are looking for something similar? Thanks, Cindy
Easy Pesto Dinner Rolls with Crescents
- parchment paper or silicone mat
- baking sheet
- thread or dental floss
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 cup pesto
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Open and unroll a can of crescent rolls onto a piece of parchment paper or another non-stick surface. Gently press the cut seams together so that you have one large rectangle.
- Evenly spread the prepared pesto, leaving ½ edge all around.
- Roll on the long edge so that you have one large cylinder. Wet your fingers and run under the closing edge and press gently to "glue" it together.
- With a piece of thread or floss, you can easily cut the cylinder into 10 even pieces. Simply wrap it around once where you want to make your cut and pull it together.
- Place evenly on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Leave a little space between each piece as they will grow when baking.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes. They will be a light golden brown when finished.
- Serve with dinner or as a snack. I like to dip in marinara sauce! These won't keep well so eat them within a day or two in an air-tight container.