Make the best seasoned popcorn with Everything Bagel for an easy flavorful snack you can make in minutes!
Is there anyone who doesn’t know the joys of Everything Bagel? In case you are new to this, Everything Bagel is a handy little seasoning that has just about….everything!
Let’s see here… In Everything Bagel, you’ve got your:
- sesame seeds – both black and white
- course salt
- minced garlic and onion
- poppy seeds
It’ not a seasoning that is typically in my local grocery store. But you can find Everything Bagel on Amazon here.
Or my favorite, the Trader Joe’s brand, at Trader Joe’s OR, if you are able to get to a Trader Joe’s, you can find that on Amazon too!
Or you could make your own Everything Bagel Seasoning. I found this easy and tasty looking recipe at Feast for a Fraction!
What can you do with Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Oh boy, what can’t you do? You can add Everything Bagel to any (mostly) bland savory food that needs a little punch. Try Everything Seasoning on:
- baked potatoes
- avocado toast
- grilled cheese
- sprinkled on a salad or in soup
- OR….on popcorn!
Pin now to save for later:
That’s right! You can make tasty season popcorn so easily in your kitchen. Take ordinary plain air-popped (or microwaved) popcorn and turn it extraordinary with a little (vegan) butter, some garlic powder, and Everything Bagel Seasoning.
How to make the best seasoned popcorn using Everything Bagel:
All you will need to make this yummy seasoned popcorn snack is plain popcorn, melted butter of choice (of course I use vegan butter), garlic powder, and Everything Bagel Seasoning.
What type of popcorn works best for seasoning?
Because you will be using lots of highly flavorful seasoning and butter on your Everything Bagel popcorn, it’s best to use plain popcorn you make in a hot air corn popper.
Can I pop my popcorn in the microwave?
Sure! As long as you use plain popcorn – not buttered or salted. It honestly will be too much flavor otherwise.
What type of butter should I use?
Well, this is a vegan food blog. So I’m going to recommend you use vegan buttery spread only. Use the one that tastes best to you. Use the one that makes you happy. If you can find a tasty stick butter, it will certainly be easier to measure before melting. We can’t always find that though.
I’m trying to avoid oil, do I have to use butter?
Do you want your seasoning to stick? Because if you don’t use some sort of sticky moisture (fat), it’s not going to. Even with using butter, you are going to have some pieces of the Everything Bagel Seasoning fall off.
Don’t even ask if you can use water to moisten your popcorn before sprinkling the seasoning. The answer is NO, unless you are into soggy popcorn. I do have one suggestion though:
Health it Up! If you are trying to avoid as much oil, you can try spritzing on some cooking spray and then immediately sprinkling the seasoning and then to a quick spritz to seal the deal. Be aware though that not as many of the seasoning pieces will stick. It’s worth a try though if it is important to you to avoid oil.
Looking for some more quick snacks? Try my:
Ready for the recipe?
Did you love this recipe?
Want to share the love? It would be great if you could leave five ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ stars and even a comment. Did you know that this will help Google to find this recipe when others are looking for something similar? Thanks, Cindy
Seasoned Popcorn with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- hot air corn popper
- or microwave oven
- 8 cups popped pop corn airpopped and unseasoned (see notes)
- 4 Tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Pop enough popcorn for approximately eight cups unseasoned popped corn. Put popped pocorn into a large bowl.
- While the pop corn is popping, melt 4 Tablespoons vegan butter (or butter of choice) in the microwave.
- Stir together garlic poweder and melted butter.
- Drizzle half the melted butter mixture over the popcorn and immediately sprinkle with half to the Everything Bagel Seasoning. Toss well.
- Drizzle with the remaining better and immediately sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Plain unsalted unbuttered popcorn is best. If you choose to make in in your microwave rather than in a hot air popper, only use unsalted and unbuttered popcorn.
- If you are trying to avoid oil, you can spritz your popcorn with cooking spray. This will decrease the amount of oil used but be aware that the seasoning may not stick.
- Some Everything Bagel Seasoning is salt-free. If you desire a salty taste, you’ll want to add in about 1/2 -1 teaspoon of salt to the seasoning.
- This is for eight one-cup servings.