As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This might look like a burrito on the plate, but it’s really my Peanut Butter Banana Roll-Ups! These peanut butter banana roll-ups are great for breakfast, a quick snack and work well in school lunch boxes too. They are kid-friendly, vegan, and can be plant-based depending on the type of peanut butter you use.
How to make Peanut Butter Banana Roll-ups:
- Look for peanut butter without added oils and sugar and you should be fine. If your child is allergic to peanuts or nuts, try sunflower butter with your doctor’s okay.
- These peanut butter banana roll-ups would work great for school lunches. Kids could even help make these.
- If you use these as part of school lunch, put it together the morning of.
- We will use a little lemon juice in the banana to prevent browning of the bananas. Even with that, and with wrapping tightly in plastic, they will still brown if made too soon.
How to assemble the roll-ups:
- Start with a fajita-sized tortilla of choice. I like a whole wheat tortilla for the extra whole grains and fiber. Use what works for you, including a gluten-free or low-carb tortilla.
- Spread peanut butter not quite to the edges. Mash one half of a banana and add the lemon juice.
- Put the mashed banana in a straight line down the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle your choice of granola on top. This adds a little extra crunch and texture.
- Roll up burrito-style – folding in the sides, then turning and rolling, securing as you go. Cut on the diagonal and if you aren’t eating right away, then immediately wrap securely in plastic to prevent air from browning the banana.
Yum! Kid-friendly, yes…but peanut-butter-banana-loving adults will enjoy this as well!
Pin now to save for later:
Peanut Butter Banana Roll-Ups
- 1 tortilla fajita-sized
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons granola
- Spread peanut butter on tortilla in a circle - not quite to the edges.
- Mash 1/2 banana in a small bowl. Add lemon juice and mix in.
- Put mashed banana down the center of the tortilla, on top on the peanut butter.
- Sprinkle granola on top.
- Roll, burrito style - folding in the sides first and then tucking as you roll.
- Cut in half diagonally. If you don't eat right away, then wrap tightly in plastic.
- If you make these for school lunch boxes, make the morning of for best results.