As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This peach dump cake is delicious and so easy to make! Just “dump” a few ingredients including canned peaches, a cake mix, white chocolate chips, pecans, and (vegan) butter in a cake pan and bake.
You don’t need to wait for peach season to enjoy the sweet taste of peaches. This easy vegan dump cake uses canned peaches so you can make this tasty peaches and cream cake dessert year-round.
There is a handy printable recipe card near the bottom of this post. Please read through the following sections to learn a few tips and tricks so that your recipe will turn out as fabulous as mine!Jump to Recipe
Try these other easy “dump” desserts:
Pin now to save for later:
What you will need to make peach dump cake:
You will need:
- two cans of sliced peaches in syrup (you will be using the syrup as well)
- white chocolate chips
- I’ve never been able to find vegan white chocolate chips at the grocery store. I buy mine on Amazon.
- white or yellow cake mix
- Duncan Hines cakes mixes are vegan (see below).
- chopped pecans
- vegan butter
- If you have the “stick” butter you can slice it. If you have the “tub” butter then melt it and drizzle on top.
How to make this super easy tasty dump cake:Jump to Recipe
It is really as easy as it sounds. Start with two cans of peaches in syrup. Open them up and dump them into the bottom of a prepared cake pan.
Next, evenly sprinkle the vegan white chocolate chips on top.
Vegan white chocolate chips
I never would have thought that white chocolate was a good combination with peaches until one day when I was going to make a similar peach dump cake that called for ground cinnamon…but I was out!
After doing some googling, and looking through my cupboards, I found a few recipes that called for the combination of white chocolate and peaches (who knew!?) Luckily I had some leftover vegan white chocolate chips from this last holiday season from when I made my Cranberry Bliss Bars (so good!)
The vegan cake mix:
The next layer, after you sprinkle the white chocolate chips, is the cake mix. Either a yellow or white cake mix will be fine.
If you are eating vegan, the trick is to find a cake mix that is made without eggs or dairy. Duncan Hines Cake Mixes are what is know as “accidentally” vegan. That is, the cake mixes were never intended to be made as vegan; but contain no overt animal products.
Please read the label though to make sure that a Duncan Hines Cake mix meets your ethical standards. You will probably find palm oil as an ingredient. There is also a question about how the sugar in the cake mix was sourced. If you are unaware of the ethical issues surrounding sugar, please read this article from PETA and make your choice.
Adding the pecans and the butter:
Sprinkle the pecans on top. I like them chopped mostly in halves with a few smaller pieces. You might like the pecans chopped smaller.
If you are using stick butter, just slice it and place the slices on top. I am not always able to find vegan stick butter but can easily find vegan butter in a tub. Simple melt 1/2 cup and drizzle on top.
Baking the dump cake:
Put your dump cake in the 350°oven and bake for about 55-60 minutes. The top will be slightly browned and the sides will be bubbly.
Let it cool slightly and serve with (vegan) vanilla ice cream or coconut milk whipped topping.
You can serve your peach cake in dish or a bowl. It’s not really a “cake” and won’t cut like one. This dessert is more like a crisp – but you never hear of anyone making a “dump crisp”…
And now for the recipe:
Did you make this recipe? Want to share the love? It would thrill me if you could leave a comment and stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Did you know that when you leave a great rating it helps other people who are searching on Google for this type of recipe more easily find it? Thanks so much! Cindy 💜
Easy Peach Dump Cake with White Chocolate and Pecans (Vegan)
- 2 cans peaches in syrup 15 ounces cans
- 1 cup white chocolate chips see notes for suggestions
- 1 box cake mix white or vanilla, see notes for suggestions
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray
- Open peaches and dump into the baking dish, including the liquid from the cans.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips on top of peaches.
- Evenly sprinkle cake mix on top of peaches and chocolate.
- Scatter the chopped pecans evenly on top of the cake mix.
- Sliced the 1/2 butter (one stick) onto the top of the cake.
- OR pour 1/2 of melted vegan butter over the top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the top is browned.
- Serve with (vegan) vanilla ice cream or coconut sweet whipped cream if desired.