This is the easiest and tastiest frozen dessert you will make! Use fresh strawberries and lemonade concentrate for this easy strawberry lemonade sorbet. Make it in your ice cream maker and have a tasty fresh fruit sorbet today!
Click here for all the delicious homemade ice cream recipes, sorbets, and other frozen treats from Veggie Fun Kitchen.
What do you do when it’s 110 degrees outside and you just want a little something-something? If you clicked on this post then you might be shouting out that you’d MAKE SORBET!
Sorbet is one of the easiest dairy-free, sweet frozen treats to make. This strawberry sorbet has the sweet tang of lemonade because it’s made with lemonade concentrate. This is NOT the same as lemonade but is the concentrated stuff you buy in a can in your freezer section.
Or, make my homemade Fresh Lemonade Concentrate. This fresh and fruity frozen treat was developed to use my lemonade concentrate and tastes just like a tall glass of strawberry lemonade – only frozen!
What you’ll love about this sorbet recipe
- Tastes like strawberry lemonade.
- Easy to make with only a couple of basic ingredients.
- It’s sweet, tart, and tangy.
- Will remind you of a summer’s day – even in the middle of winter!
Pin now to save for later
Ingredients needed for Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet
- fresh strawberries
- lemonade concentrate
- lemon zest
- You’ll also need a blender – you don’t need a high-speed blender for this recipe – any blender will do.
- I use an ice cream maker for the best results. You can also do the freezer method (see below).
How to make strawberry lemonade sorbet
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
Decide if you are going to buy lemonade concentrate or make your own. I have a recipe for lemonade concentrate made in the Instant Pot (if you have a whole lot of lemons or if you just want to do a tasty fun experiment).
If you decide to make your own then you will want to make it several hours ahead of time so that your lemonade concentrate will be cooled down enough.
You can always buy lemonade concentrate in the freezer section. You will need one cup which is 8 ounces.
Wash and take the stems and leaves off from the strawberries and zest the lemon. (Set the lemon zest aside. You won’t be blending the zest.)
Step 2: Blend, blend, blend
Put the prepared strawberries and lemonade concentrate into a blender and blend until smooth.
Do not blend the lemon zest. You’ll add that later in the Ice cream maker.
Step 3: Freeze – Ice cream maker or the freezer method
For this recipe, I’ve used my favorite compressor ice cream maker. Nothing makes sorbet as light and fluffy as an ice cream machine.
Freeze the inner barrel or pot ahead of time if your ice cream machine requires that. My compressor ice cream machine does not.
Do I have to use an ice cream maker?
No, you do not. You can use the freezer method as laid out in my Orange Sorbet recipe. If you don’t have an ice cream maker then it will work fine. The flavor will be the exact same. It will not be as light and fluffy though. You’ll notice more of an icy texture.
Freeze a little longer to fully harden.
When the sorbet first comes out of the ice cream maker, it will be a little soft – almost like a frozen slushy. Put it in the freezer for another couple of hours to harden it further if desired.
I like to top with a little more lemon zest. Of course, I like it a little on the tart and spunky side.
You can also top it with my homemade strawberry topping. Or just heat a little strawberry jam and drizzle on top.
Cover it tightly and this should keep in your freezer for a couple of weeks. If it’s too hard to scoop when you take it out of the freezer then let it sit on your counter for a few minutes to soften. Do not microwave to soften or it will get too melty.
The printable recipe card for Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet
Did you love this recipe?
Want to share the love? It would be great if you could leave five ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ stars and even a comment. Did you know that this will help Google to find this recipe when others are looking for something similar? Thanks, Cindy
Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet
- ice cream maker
- 16 ounces strawberries
- 1 cup lemonade concentrate
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Wash and remove the stems from your fresh strawberries.
- Place the prepared strawberries along with the lemonade concentrate in a blender and blend until smooth. DO NOT add the lemon zest to the blender.
- Add the strawberry lemonade puree to an ice cream maker along with the lemon zest. Read and understand the manufacturer's directions. Your inner barrel or freezing bucket may need to be frozen ahead of time.
- Freeze for up to 60 minutes. It will be a soft-serve when it is finished. Place in your freezer for another couple of hours if you would like for it to harden more.