This oil-free vegan ranch sauce is made with cashews. It is vegan and plant-based. Serve as a salad dressing, use as a dip with vegetables or pizza, or as a baked potato topping.
One of the food items that I missed when I started eating vegan, was the creamy tangy flavor of ranch dressing. Luckily I learned I could easily make my own at home! This one is oil-free and uses only whole food items and so it also qualifies as plant-based as well. Now if only restaurants would start offering something like this oil-free vegan ranch…because it would just be weird to carry your own…right? (Which I may or may not have done -shhhh!)
Soak the raw cashews for about 30 minutes. If your cashews are roasted, then you will need to soak for 2 hours. Drain the cashews and throw out the water!
Add to a blender along with a non-sweetened plant milk of your choice. Add in all other ingredients. The vinegar and lemon juice give the oil-free vegan ranch that tangy flavor you expect from a ranch sauce. If you are using a whole garlic clove then don’t stress on chopping your garlic as it will be blended in the high speed blender. If you use a regular blender, then chop some. I just use an already minced jarred garlic. It’s fine…
I use a high speed blender for this recipe (because that’s what I have and that’s what I use!) As long as your cashews are raw and soaked, a regular blender will do fine. Just test it after a couple of minutes and make sure your sauce is creamy and smooth.
But honestly I LOVE my Vitamix!
Blend together for about 2-3 minutes.
Store the oil-free vegan ranch sauce airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If you serve to others, you must disclose that this oil-free vegan ranch sauce contains nuts!
For a spicier version, try my Jalapeño Ranch Dressing! It’s also vegan and oil-free!
Oil-Free Vegan Ranch Sauce
- 3/4 cup cashews raw, soaked
- 3/4 cup plant milk unsweetened
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Soak the raw cashews for 30 minutes. Drain and throw out the water.
- Add all ingredients except dill to a high speed blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
- Add dill at the end and then stir or blend on low speed just until incorporated.
- Store in an airtight contained in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Will thicken upon standing