As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Plant-based cooking doesn’t have to be a challenge! Try this vegan meal hack using The Little Potato Company Potatoes. It’s quick, easy, and delicious!
Sometimes you just need quick and easy. Meal planning and meal prep – especially for plant eaters is most often the opposite of quick and easy. I usually do a pretty good job of planning and prepping for my vegan family. To be honest though, there have been mornings I’ve pressed the snooze button one too many times and find myself with 30 minutes to dash out the door- oh, and I suddenly remember that once again life must have gotten in the way because I totally neglected to meal prep for the day. Where we live and work there are no healthy fast food options. That means grabbing a can of soup, something frozen (and processed), or throwing a meal together quickly and on the run – not an easy plant-based task.
Introducing to you the Little Potato Company! These little microwavable seasoned potatoes have been a life-saver for me on many a hurried morning. They come in several flavor varieties, most of which are vegan (alas the cheese variety is not).
With three basic ingredients you can pull together a quick meal for three in under 10 minutes.
Simply remove the herb packet and microwave for 5 minutes.
Toss the microwaved potatoes in a medium-sized bowl with a drained can of beans (Garbanzos are our favorite), a couple of handfuls of baby spinach, and the herb packet.
The directions on the back of the package call for a small amount of oil to be tossed in along with the herb packet. I never have had a need to use that – probably because the liquids left on the drained beans are enough to give it the tiny bit of needed moisture.
The best part of The Little Potato Company is the packet of herbs and spices. Just rip it open and add in. We like both the Savory Herb and Garlic Parsley varieties. The herb packet gives just the right seasoning to make this dish a quick and delicious meal.
Put it all in meal-prep containers and bam! We are done. In under 10 minutes I have a quick and delicious lunch ready to go for my family.
I also like to sprinkle a little Vegan Cashew Parmesan Cheese on top.
You can get fancier with The Little Potato Company potatoes and I often do. Try my Italian Potatoes if you have more time to actually cook – it’s still pretty easy though:)
Pin it to save for later:
Little Potato Company Meal Hack (Vegan)
- 1 16 ounce container Little Potato Company Microwavable Potatoes Savory Herb or Garlic varieties
- 1 15.5 ounce can Garbanzo Beans drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- vegan parmasean cheese optional for garnish
- Remove from the cardboard sleeve and remove the herb packet. Leave the plastic covering on top. Do not pierce. This nicely steams the potatoes. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Toss in a medium sized bowl along with the drained garbanzo beans, spinach and herb packet.
- Sprinkle with a vegan parmesan cheese if desired.
- You can either eat these right away or use for meal prep. This recipe makes 3 servings. When you are ready to eat, pull out from fridge and microwave for about 2 minutes.