Cucumber carrot salad is crunchy and flavorful. Made with raw carrots and cucumber along with sliced radishes and chopped cilantro. Drizzle on some olive oil and lime juice with a little optional salt and pepper and you’ve got a fresh tasty crisp carrot cucumber salad in no time at all!
So yes, I totally got caught up in the TikTok Raw Carrot Salad trend and in fact, made my own extremely flavorful and tasty Raw Carrot Salad with Edamame recipe inspired by Asian flavors like soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
A raw simple salad is so fresh and crunchy! I love that you can add different flavors with various types of vinegar and oils. Mix in vegetables and herbs and you’ve got a unique delicious fresh crunchy salad to enjoy!
This tasty crunchy cucumber carrot salad recipe also features added sliced radishes. with a mild fresh flavor from a little lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro. It’s super quick and easy to make too.
Pin now to save for later
Ingredients needed to make your own fresh and crunchy carrot cucumber salad
- 1 large cucumber – About 2 cups sliced
- 2 medium carrots – About 1 cup sliced
- 4 radishes
- fresh cilantro – I know that some people don’t like cilantro. It’s not a deal breaker if you leave it out but for those of us who enjoy the taste, please leave it in!
- olive oil – I prefer the “robust” flavor of extra virgin olive oil.
- lime juice – I used fresh lime for this one!
- salt and pepper to taste
- It will also help if you have a mandoline slicer. You can slice the veggies for your cucumber and carrot salad with a knife but it just takes…so…long to do it!
How to make your own raw carrot and cucumber salad recipe
The exact ingredients with measurements can be found in the recipe card below along with more concise abbreviated instructions. Read on for more details, tips, and tricks so that you will feel confident making this recipe.
Steps one and Two: Prepare the vegetables
Prepare the vegetables by washing the cucumber, radishes, and carrots. Peel the carrots and cut off the tops and tips.
You need to thinly slice the cucumbers, carrots, and radishes. I usually use a mandoline slicer for the cucumbers and carrots and slice the radishes by hand using a sharp knife.
Be very careful with the mandoline slicer. I tend to be careless and take a slice off my fingertip each time I use it! My slicer came with a glove. USE IT!
Using a gloved hand with the pusher is best for larger pieces. Once the pieces get smaller, however, it’s best to use the spikes on the bottom of the pusher and slice using that.
Since sliced cucumbers are the star of the show with this crunchy cucumber carrot salad recipe, you will need around two cups of sliced cucumbers so buy either one large cucumber or two medium-sized ones. If you choose to buy the smaller Persian cucumber then buy a few!
The type of cucumber you use doesn’t really matter for this recipe. Buy and use what you’d like. Do make sure they are fresh however and purchase them right before making your salad. I’ve seen cucumbers turn slimy very quickly!
One cup of sliced carrots will do the trick. Depending on the size of the carrot, you will need one to three. The recipe calls for four regular-sized rashies which will yield about one-half cup.
After slicing the vegetables I chop the cilantro and squeeze the lime. You will need one tablespoon of lime juice which you can easily squeeze from one-half a lime. Save the other half though in case you’d like an extra squeeze or two.
Please use fresh cilantro for this recipe rather than dried. Your fresh raw salad deserves fresh herbs! If you are not a lover of cilantro then leave it out. Cilantro adds a special layer of flavor but I understand that for those who hate cilantro, it has a soapy flavor and nobody needs that layer of flavor!
Add the sliced and chopped vegetables to a large bowl and get ready to add the dressing.
STEP THREE: MIX THE DRESSING INGREDIENTS
Use a small bowl and whisk together the olive oil and lime juice. I wait to taste the mixed salad before adding the salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing ingredients over the sliced vegetables and give a toss. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. You might also want to add more fresh squeezed lime juice.
This cucumber and carrot salad serves two
This crunchy cucumber carrot salad will stay crisp and fresh tasting for a couple of days if kept in an airtight container in your refrigerator. I would definitely consume this salad within two days though. It won’t hurt you to consume it a few days later but it won’t be as crisp, crunchy, and fresh tasting.
The printable recipe card
Did you love this recipe?
Want to share the love? It would be great if you could leave five ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ stars and even a comment. Did you know that this will help Google to find this recipe when others are looking for something similar? Thanks, Cindy
Cucumber Carrot Salad with Radishes and Cilantro
- mandoline slicer or sharp knife
- 1 large cucumber about 2 cups sliced
- 2 medium carrots about 1 cup sliced
- 4 radishes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice about one half lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the cucumber, radishes, and carrots. Peel the carrots. Chop the cilantro and set aside. Squeeze the lime and set aside.
- With a sharp knife or mandolin slicer, slice the carrots, cucumbers, and radishes. Add the sliced vegetables to a medium-sized bowl.
- Toss in the olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
- Consume within two days. Keep any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the fridge.