This Very Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette will give you a fresh burst of flavor with berries, mint, and a bright raspberry vinaigrette with avocado oil. This salad is quick and easy to make with bagged hearts of Romaine lettuce, sliced almonds, fresh berries and mint.
Save now to pin for later:
I normally don’t post recipes with a lot of oil because I do believe oil-free is the healthiest way to eat. Recently, I posted two delicious salad dressings that are both oil-free – my Raspberry Mint Vinaigrette (Oil-Free) and Strawberry Balsamic Dressing (Oil-Free). These are both my go-to summer oil-free salad dressings. I had some feedback from a few of my readers though who have not committed to eating oil-free and wanted a fresh berry dressing with made with oil. This very berry salad recipe includes a raspberry vinaigrette with avocado oil. Feel free to sub in my oil-free dressings though if you want to eat oil-free.
What You’ll Need to Make This Salad and Dressing:
- rice wine vinegar
- fresh berries to include raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries
- lemon juice
- avocado oil
- a larger bag of hearts of Romaine salad
- fresh mint
- sliced almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
Tips and Tricks for Making Very Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette:
Always start with the freshest, most flavorful berries available. If you wouldn’t want to eat them out of a crystal dish, then you won’t want to eat them on your plate mixed with lettuce and nuts.
- If you want to use bottled lemon juice that is fine. I don’t always have a fresh lemon on hand and honestly can’t tell the difference in taste.
- Chill your salad plates in the freezer and serve immediately.
- Follow the recipe instructions and make the salad dressing first. That way you can drizzle as soon as the salad is ready and there will be no time for wilting lettuce.
Things I found Helpful in Making This Recipe:
Affiliate Links. I am an Amazon Affiliate. This means that clicking on one of these links and making a purchase might earn Veggie Fun Kitchen compensation at no additional cost to you.
The Recipe For Very Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
If you are looking for an oil-free dressing that will work with this Very Berry Salad, check out my Strawberry Balsamic Dressing (Oil-Free) or my Raspberry Mint Vinaigrette (OIl-Free). They will both be fabulous!
Thank you for reading through this post and for being a part of Veggie Fun Kitchen. As always, if there is a recipe you would like to see that is not already up on the site, just drop me a line and I’ll get on it. If you liked this recipe, please let me know in the comments; and five stars would be super helpful!
Pin now to save for later:
Very Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Fresh and seasonal - make this berry salad with raspberry vinaigrette using the freshest berries, almonds and Romaine lettuce.
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries washed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 10 ounce bag hearts of Romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries washed, hulled, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries washed
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Add vinegar, raspberries, lemon juice, and avocado oil to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add in salt to taste. Feel free to add in a little more vinegar to taste as well. Set aside.
Toss lettuce, fresh mint, berries, and almonds together in a large bowl.
Plate your salad onto chilled plates. Drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette. Top with fresh ground black pepper.