This vegan burger sauce recipe will remind you of the Big Mac Special Sauce you remember and loved back in the day – only it’s vegan! This vegan burger secret sauce is highly flavored, made with vegan mayo and all the right seasonings. Dip your fries, use as a vegan sandwich spread, or to drizzle onto your favorite veggie burger.
Just because I’m vegan, it doesn’t mean I don’t love a good burger…a vegan burger of course! And there is no reason that we can’t have all the same flavorful saucy goodness that comes with burger secret sauce!
This vegan burger sauce is a copycat version of the Big Mac Secret Sauce and will make you happy to have a juicy savory plant-based burger and a soft sesame seed bun to spread it on.
Reasons you will love this delicious recipe for vegan Big Mac sauce
- It tastes like I remember Big Mac sauce tasting (which I was always a huge fan of back in the day.) Of course, it’s been a while and I may not be remembering exactly correctly…it sure is tasty though!
- Just because we are vegans doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy the memories of comfort food from the past. This vegan burger sauce recipe does just that.
- This is not just a vegan thousand island dressing type of burger sauce. You will notice no ketchup in the ingredients below, which is an ingredient in that type of sauce. While I do enjoy that type of burger sauce, this one has a little bit different flavor profile. You are going to love it!
- Made vegan with vegan mayonnaise. If you are vegetarian, you can make this vegan Big Mac Sauce with any mayo. It just won’t be vegan of course.
- Easy to make with just a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- Dip your fries and tots, spread on your vegan sandwiches, slather your nuggets, and pour on top of your plant burger. Yum!
Pin now to save for later:
Ingredients, along with substitutions, needed for the vegan burger sauce recipe
With just a few simple ingredients, you will have your very own delicious vegan burger sauce ready to go in no time!
- vegan mayonnaise – I know a lot of my viewers like to eat oil-free. Obviously, vegan mayonnaise you buy at the store is not oil-free. You can make your own oil-free vegan tofu mayo with this recipe by A Planiful Path.
- pickle relish – Use sweet relish, not dill relish. This sauce recipe gets its tangy sweet undertones from sweet pickle relish.
- Dijon mustard – Dijon mustard is what is recommended in this recipe for an extra depth of flavor. I’m always get asked if yellow mustard can substitute for Dijon. I do understand because many families (especially those with small children) might prefer the milder taste of yellow mustard. For maximum flavor, do use Dijon for this vegan burger sauce. Read more about the differences between Dijon and yellow mustard in this article by My Recipes.
- white vinegar – Don’t substitute apple cider vinegar.
- garlic powder, onion powder, sweet paprika – Use sweet paprika for its color and mild flavor. While I do love smoked paprika, it would add way too much flavor to this already intensely flavored burger sauce.
- You will notice NO: ketchup, added salt, hot sauce, or extra spices. You won’t need them for this sauce recipe, it’s already got flavor enough!
How to make your own vegan burger sauce (vegan Big Mac sauce)
The exact ingredients with measurements can be found in the recipe card below along with more concise abbreviated instructions. Read on for more details, tips, and tricks so that you will feel confident making this recipe.
Step 1: Mix your ingredients
Haha, okay, there is only one step to this super easy recipe! Just mix your ingredients and that’s it! You just need a smallish bowl to mix in. The total recipe yields less than one cup, so no need to mix in a large bowl.
Measure out the vegan mayo and mix in the sweet pickle relish, mustard, white vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and sweet paprika. Give it a good mix with a spoon and you are ready to go!
Do you mean besides two NON-BEEF patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun? Just enjoy it that way!
This vegan Big Mac sauce is great on any veggie burger! Try it on my sweet potato black bean burgers!
This vegan secret sauce is also super tasty with sweet potato fries and pumpkin fries – both coming soon!
This recipe makes seven two-tablespoon servings, so chances are you will have some left over. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a week.
The printable recipe card for vegan burger sauce
Did you love this recipe?
Want to share the love? It would be great if you could leave five ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ stars and even a comment. Did you know that this will help Google to find this recipe when others are looking for something similar? Thanks, Cindy
Vegan Burger Sauce
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup pickle relish sweet relish
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon while vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Save leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.