This sweet peach iced tea is refreshing on a hot summer day. Homemade iced tea is so easy to make! Start with a peach-infused simple syrup, then brew strong iced tea. Pour over ice and sliced peaches and you’ve got instant refreshment!
I love the taste of fresh peaches! Real peaches, that is. I’ve never really cared for fake peach-flavor food items. That’s why this fresh peach iced tea is so perfect!
You start peach-infused simple syrup which you can easily make yourself. Then brew your iced tea a little strong (because you’ll be adding in the liquid from the simple syrup and pouring it all over ice.)
This recipe gives directions for the boil and brew method using tea bags – but feel free to use whatever method you prefer. Just remember to brew a little strong.
For some other refreshing summer drinks try my:
Navigate this post
Ingredients needed for fresh peach iced tea:Jump to Recipe
- fresh peaches (or nectarines) – for making the simple syrup and for garnishing your tea glass
- family-sized tea bags (or whichever type of tea you normally use
How to make simple syrup:
Like the name of the syrup says – it’s simple!
Simple syrup is typically made by boiling equal parts water and sugar together till the sugar dissolves and the newly-made syrup is cooled. Simple syrup is used in cocktail recipes and other drinks. You can make it ahead and store it refrigerated for up to a week in a tightly closed container.
Making the peach-infused simple syrup:
It really easy! Just wash and cut up your peaches (I try to use cling-free peaches). Add to the water and sugar mixture and bring to a boil.
After bringing the peach/sugar mixture to a boil, turn the heat down to medium, cover, and let simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until peaches are falling apart.
Pour the entire cooked peachy liquid into a mesh strainer and strain the liquid out into a bowl. It’s okay if the peaches have some residual liquid.
Set the simple syrup liquid aside – or you can refrigerate it to use later.
What to do with the cooked peaches?
Waste not, want not! Sure you could go ahead and throw them away…. but I don’t like to waste food. Here is how I might use the discarded cooked peaches:
- freeze to use in a smoothy
- add a little brown sugar, (vegan) butter, and bourbon to make an ice cream topping
- stir into overnight oats along with some sliced almonds
- stir into yogurt
Brewing tea for iced tea:
The thing you need to remember is that iced tea is served over ice- which melts. Melted ice will water down or dilute the flavor of the tea; so when you brew tea for iced tea, keep in mind that you will want to brew it a little stronger.
This recipe uses “family-sized” teabags. You can probably find them at your grocery store or on Amazon. (Clicking on the photo of the iced tea product below will take to my affiliate Amazon link.)
If you aren’t able to find family-sized tea bags, the larger family-sized bag is equal to three regular-sized bags.
If you are already an iced tea expert and know how you like to brew your iced tea, keep in mind that you will need to use enough water/tea for 4-5 cups of finished tea.
Making the peach iced tea to your taste:
After you’ve made the simple syrup and brewed the tea, combine both in a one-half gallon container. The first time you make this, start with maybe half of the simple syrup and give it a taste. Remember you can always add in more.
This tea is quite sweet and just right for my taste, but of course, you can always add in more sugar to the finished product. I would definitely let people make that decision themselves if you are serving this peach iced tea to others.
Serving the iced tea:
For best flavor, let sit overnight in your refrigerator. I’m not that patient, however! So go ahead and let cool slightly, slice some fresh peaches into your glass, pour over ice, sit back and enjoy!
This tea is best enjoyed on a shady porch with some soft music and good company:)
And now for the recipe!
I hope you enjoy the recipe, but don’t say good-bye! Sign-up here for recipe tips and kitchen wisdom. I also invite you to email me with any questions you have. When you become a part of the Veggie Fun Kitchen Community, you’ll learn to cook great tasting recipes the whole family will enjoy! (No spam here! I will never share your email, and you can unsubscribe whenever you want!)
Sweet Peach Iced Tea
- 4 peaches plus more to garnish glasses
- 7 cups water, divided 2 cups for simple syrup and 5 cups for tea
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 bags tea family-sized
- 1-2 peaches for garnish
- Wash and slice 4 peaches. There is no need to peel the peaches.
- Add peaches, 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water to a medium-sized saucepan.
- Bring the peach/sugar mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until peaches are falling apart.
- Pour the cooked peach/sugar mixture over a fine-mesh strainer and strain into a bowl or other container. Set aside.
- Bring 5 cups of water to boil in a medium pot.
- Remove the pot from heat and place the tea bags into the boiled water. Allow to steep for 5 minutes or according to package directions.
- Remove the tea bags, pressing out any excess liquid. Discard tea bags.
- In a large container or pitcher, combine the peach syrup with the brewed tea. If this is the first time making this recipe, start with half the syrup and add more to taste. I do use the entire amount. Your taste might be different.
- Refrigerate overnight or serve after allowing to cool slightly. Pour over ice and garnish with fresh cut (and washed) peaches.