- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 1 Tablespoon avocado oil or other light tasting oil – 1 small bell pepper chopped – 1 small onion chopped – 14 ounces tofu extra firm – 2 Tablespooons low sodium soy sauce – 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast – 1 teaspoon ground cumin – 1 teaspoon turmeric – ⅛ teaspoon black salt optional – salt and pepper to taste after cooking
1. Chop the bell pepper and onion and set aside.
2. Drain the tofu and gently hand-squeeze excess moisture with your hands. Hand crumble into a medium-sized bowl.
3. Add the soy sauce, nutritional yeast, ground cumin, turmeric, and (optional) black salt to the bowl with the tofu. Toss and mix until the tofu is well covered.
4. Add the oil to a medium-sized skillet and heat on medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add the chopped onions and bell peppers. Saute for five minutes or until softened.
5. Add the seasoned tofu mixture to the hot skillet along with the sauted onions and peppers. Continue to cook and stir for about 8-10 minutes or until the tofu begins to dry and crispy a little on the outside.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.