Overnight Oats with Apples and Cinnamon
Overnight oats are quick and easy to make. Add in natural (chunky) applesauce, cinnamon, and vanilla for an apple pie flavor!
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats do NOT use quick oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk or plant milk of choice
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened the natural or chunky type
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Optional add-ins (not calculated in nutritional information)
- chopped nuts
- dried cranberries
- chopped apples
- extra cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together in a jar and seal tightly.
Place in the refrigerator overnight.
Eat cold or to eat warm, remove the lid and microwave for one minute. (Jar will be hot to touch.)
Add in extra optional add-ins if that is your choice.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 460mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 2mg