Balsamic Dressing (Oil-Free)
Full of flavor, this Balsamic Dressing is oil-free! It's highly seasoned and made using aquafaba to give it a more realistic salad dressing texture.
- 1/4 cup aquafaba see notes
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons real maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
Pour our 1/4 liquid from a can of beans. I used chickpeas (garbanzos).
Add in the Balsamic vinegar, real maple syrup, dijon mustard, onion powder, Italian herbs, and nutritional yeast.
Whisk together until all ingredients are well combined.
Serve immediately, or store tightly covered for up to three days in the refrigerator.
- Aquafaba is the "bean juice" from canned or cooked (dry) beans.
- If you choose not to use aquafaba, you may sub in water. Start with 2 tablespoons, give it a taste and add up to 2 more.
- Serving size is 2 tablespoons as that is the standard size for dressing. This is a highly flavored dressing though and you may not need that much. Start with less and add in more if desires.
Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg