Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
This vegan pumpkin bundt cake is made with a homemade cream cheese filling. Use canned pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cinnamon for a seasonal pumpkin flavor.
Cream Cheese Filling
- 12.3 ounces Silken Tofu, Firm
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar plus more for cake
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 Tablespoons very hot water
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 1-2 Tablespoons nondairy milk such as oat milk or almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- orange food coloring optional
Pumpkin Cake Dry Ingredients
Pumpkin Cake -Wet Ingredients
To the bowl with the flax egg mixture, add in all the wet ingredients. Mix well for about 2 minutes with an electric mixer till all are mixed.
Add the mixed flour mixture, about one half at a time and mix well with an electric mixer - for about 3-5 minutes.
Into the prepared bundt pan, pour about 1/2 of the pumpkin cake mixture. Smooth around with the back of a spoon so that it is even.
Spoon the cream cheese filling on top, trying to keep it in the center - not touching the sides of the pan.
Spoon the remaining pumpkin mix cake mixture on top and spread to cover the cream cheese.
Place bundt filled bundt cake pan on a baking sheet and put in the oven. Cook for a total of 50-60 minutes.
Check after 50 minutes. The cake should spring back with lightly touched and a toothpick when inserted should come out clean.
Set on a rack and allow to cool for about 10 minutes until you can handle the pan. Carefully turn onto a cooling rack to finish cooking.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 56g | Vitamin A: 196IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg