Garlic Herb Beer Bread (Vegan)
This savory garlic herb beer bread recipe uses vegan compliant ingredients. It is flavorful and delicious served with a buttery spread on top or as a side for casseroles or soup.
- 3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano Turkish is best
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt use less if watching sodium
- 12 ounce can beer I used Budweiser
- 1/4 cup buttery sticks read blog post for suggestions
Preheat oven to 350°
Chop garlic and set aside.
Mix all dry ingredients and garlic in a medium sized mixing bowl. Make a well in the center.
Pour in beer and mix to incorporate.
Melt 1/4 cup butter sticks. See blog post for brand suggestions.
Pour half into the bottom of a 9x5" loaf pan.
Turn bread dough into the buttered pan and gently press into the corners.
Evenly pour remaining melted butter on top.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is nicely browned.
Allow to cool till you can handle the pan, then go around the edges with a knife and turn out onto a cooling rack.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2.1mg