Vegan Pizza Panini with Herb-Infused Olive Oil
Made with vegan pepperoni and cheese, this pizza panini has a crusty flavorful exterior made tasty with Italian herb-infused olive oil and a gooey cheesy pepperoni filling.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
The Panini Sandwich
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shreds vegan
- 24-32 slices pepperoni or sausage vegan
- 4 small ciabatta rolls or one large loaf
Mix the oil with the herbs, garlic and onion powders, sugar and salt, and set aside. It will be quite thick but will soften as it sits.
The Panini Sandwich
Cut the rolls in half lengthwise. If using a loaf, cut into two portions and then slice lengthwise.
Brush the infused oil onto the crusty outside of each piece of roll. Keep in mind this will need to cover the insides of all halves.
Add sliced pepperoni or sausage to the bottom portion of each sandwich.
Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of the pepperoni slices.
Cooking one or two at a time (depending on size of grill), put on panini maker and gently press the top down. Don't latch.
Cook for about 5 minutes or until outside is golden brown and the lines have cooked into the sandwich. If you are cooking on a griddle, you'll have to turn the sandwich and cook the other side.
If you are using a large flat loaf and have made two large sandwiches, cut in half on the diagnol. Each half is one serving.
- The nutrition calculations are just for amusement on this recipe and represent my best guess of the products you'll use.
- Use precooked vegan pepperoni or sausage. Slice if needed. If not yet fully cooked, you will need to cook before adding to the sandwich.
- A great recipe for vegan tofu sausage crumbles can be found here.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1042mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 333IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 1mg