Hawaiian Burger (Vegan)
Adapted from the Bob's Burgers Burger Book, this Hawaiian burger is made vegan friendly and has grilled pineapple, guava bbq sauce, and vegan bacon.
- 4 vegan burger patties
- 8 pieces vegan bacon
- 4 hamburger buns
- butter lettuce
- 4 pineapple rings
Guava BBQ Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 10 ounces guava jam or jelly
- 1/4 cup rum I prefer golden
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce see notes
- 1 Tablespoon ginger paste see notes
Grill, cook, or prepare vegan burger patties according to manufacturers or recipe directions.
Grill or cook pineapple rings along with burgers.
Cook bacon according to package or recipe directions
Wash and dry butter lettuce
While the burgers are grilling, add Into a medium-sized saucepan combine all sauce ingredients including tomato paste, guava jam, rum, Worcestershire and soy sauces, and ginger paste.
Cook and stir on medium heat until jam is melted and sauce ingredients are well combined. Set aside and continue to cook burgers and bacon.
Build your burger by spreading the guava bbq sauce on the inside of each slice of bun. Layer on two pieces of bacon, the burger, pineapple ring, and lettuce. Enjoy
- The nutrition information on this recipe is for amusement only. Depending on the vegan products you purchase or make, the calories and other nutritional information will be way off.
- I have only found the guava jam on Amazon. If you can't find it at your store and don't want to wait, you can substitute in another jam or jelly like apricot or peach. It will still be tasty, but the guava jam gives the bbq a very different flavor and is worth waiting for in my opinion.
- Read the recipe post (above) for suggestions on what types of vegan-friendly products or recipes to use.
- Most Worcestershire sauce is not vegan because it contains anchovy paste. Read the blog post (above) for some vegan suggestions.
- If you use ground ginger instead of ginger paste, reduce the amount to one teaspoon of ground ginger.
- The alcohol is not going to cook out in the short amount of time you are heating the sauce. If this is concern for you then sub in some veggie broth instead.
Calories: 628kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 651mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 552IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 4mg