Veggie Salad with Smooth Tahini Dressing
This recipe for veggie salad with a lemon tahini dressing is crunchy, flavorful, full of nutrition and so easy to make! Make the salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, sliced radishes, snap peas, avocado, and chickpeas. Top off with a delicious lemony smooth tahini dressing you can whip up in seconds!
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice fresh or bottled
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil may leave and substitute with water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce can used bagged romaine
- 1 ½ cups snap peas
- 3 radishes
- 2 medium carrots
- 15 ounce canned chickpeas drained
- 1 avocado
Make the tahini dressing first. Measure out the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, oil (or water), salt and pepper into a small container and whisk until well combined. Set aside. You will whisk again before tossing in with the salad.
Wash and dry the leaves from one head romaine lettuce. Cut into 1-inch strips. OR use one small bag of washed prepared romaine lettuce. Place into med-large bowl.
Wash snap peas and remove the stem and strings by snapping the stem end about 1/4 inch in and pulling along the edges of the snap pea. Then cut into 1-inch segments. Place into the bowl with t he romaine.
Wash radishes and cut off the stem end and the root. Discard. Thinly slice and place into the bowl.
Wash and peel carrots. Slice into thin sticks. Set into bowl with the other vegetables.
Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas. Put in the bowl with the vegetableas.
Remove pit and cut the avocado into small 1-inch chunks. Place into the bowl.
Gentlely toss the salad together. Whisk the dressing one more time and continue to toss till well combined.
- This salad serves a generous two dinner-sized portions or three side-salad portions.
- You may use a bag of washed and cut romaine lettuce instead of the romaine head.
- For a processed oil-free dressing, substitute in water for the olive oil. Note: Tahini contains fat so this dressing will not be fat-free if you omit the oil.
- If you prepare this salad ahead of time, do not cut open the avocado. It will begin to brown. Also, prepare the dressing and save to toss in until right before serving. When you are ready to serve then cut open and prepare the avocado and toss in the with dressing.
- If the tahini dressing is a little higher fat than you are looking for, try my Balsamic No-Oil Dressing or my Strawberry Balsamic. Both would be delicious!
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 839mg | Potassium: 1334mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 25620IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 6mg