Creamy Garlic Sauce with Cashews (Diary-Free)
This creamy garlic sauce with cashews is the perfect topping to drizzle on veggies, pizza, or soup. It's vegan; so you can be sure it's dairy-free as well.
- 1 cup cashews raw and unsalted
- hot water to cover drain when fully soaked
- 1 cup water for blending
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Soak the unsalted cashews in very hot water for 30 minutes. Drain the water.
Add soaked and drained cashews along with 1 cup water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, onion and garlic powders, and salt to a high-speed blender.
Blend on high for about 3 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
If you can only find roasted and salted cashews, your sauce might not be as creamy. Try these steps to ensure a creamy and tasty garlic sauce:
If you want to use fresh garlic, use 1 peeled clove.
If you want a thicker sauce (like for a dip or pizza sauce), use 1/2 cup water to blend. You can always add in a little more if necessary.
This can stored tightly covered in your refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
- Put cashews in a strainer and rinse well to remove the salt. You might need to wait to add the additional salt in the ingredient list till AFTER the sauce is prepared.
- Soak the cashews for 2 hours so that they will blend well and your sauce will be creamy and smooth.
Serving: 2Tablespoons | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg