Loaded Vegetable Asian Noodle Stir-Fry
Loaded with fresh vegetables and all the Asian flavors, this Vegetable Noodle Stir-Fry is a real crowd pleaser! Easy to make from start to finish in under an hour.
extra large saute pan
extra large cooking pot
- 16 ounces pasta linguini or fettuccini
- 1 cup vegetable broth more for sauce
- 12 ounces broccoli florets - packaged about 5 cups
- 10 ounces carrots, shredded about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced the white part - save the green stems for topping
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic 2 -3 cloves
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups edamame shelled
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds more for topping
- 1/2-2/3 cup cilantro, chopped more for topping
Asian Stir Fry Sauce
- 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 3 Tablespoons agave
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar NOT the seasoned kind
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha liquid - not powdered
- 1 Tablespoon ginger paste or 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder can sub cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil optional
Toppings - Optional
- slivered almonds
- sliced green onion
Prepare all vegetables: Cut down broccoli florets if too large from the package. Shred carrots if not using preshreded. Slice red bell pepper. Mince garlic if not used jarred chopped. Shell or thaw edamame if using frozen. Slice green onions. Separate the white bulbs and the green stems. Reserve green stems for topping. Chop cilantro, reserving some for topping.
Pour 1 cup vegetable broth into very large saute pan. Add in broccoli, carrots, onions (the white part), and garlic. Saute for no more than 3-5 minutes or your vegetables will get too mushy.
Next, add in edamame, and red bell pepper. Continue sauteing for 1 more minute, just to soften.
Finally, add in slivered almonds and chopped cilantro. Stir in and remove from heat. You will still have some liquid in the bottom of your pan. That is normal.
Asian Stir Fry Sauce
Add in all ingredients: teriyaki sauce, low sodium soy sauce, agave, rice vinegar, sriracha, ginger paste, onion and garlic powders, broth, and finally arrowroot powder. Whisk together and set aside.
Putting it All Together
After the pasta has cooked and drained and the vegetables have been sauteed, combine into largest pot you are using.
Give the Asian stir-fry sauce one final whisk in case the arrowroot powder has settled to the bottom.
Pour Asian stir-fry sauce on top of the vegetables and pasta mixture and incorporate. Heat and cook for about 3-5 or until liquid has thickened and pasta is well coated.
Top with sliced almonds, green onion slices, and cilantro.
This dish is great for meal prep and can sit in your refrigerator for up to five days in a tightly sealed container.
- The sesame oil is optional. It will add to the flavor - but if you do not want to use it, leave it out.
- You can sub in cornstarch for the arrowroot starch. I personally prefer arrowroot with Asian dishes.
- Serving size is 1 1/3 cups
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1174mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5485IU | Vitamin C: 51.7mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2.3mg