Creamy Vegetable Pasta Soup (Instant Pot)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Soak cashews: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
This creamy vegetable pasta soup is oil free and dairy free. It is vegan and healthy too! Make it in the Instant Pot and serve with warm buttered bread.
The Creamy Sauce (in the Blender)
- 2/3 cup raw cashews soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 cups plant milk unsweetened
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup real maple please
- 1/2 teaspoon white miso paste
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
For the Instant Pot
- 4 cups vegetable broth divided - 1 cup to sauté and 3 cups for the soup
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic about 6 cloves
- 2 teaspoons Italian Herb mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables small diced
- 1 cup bow-tie pasta uncooked (dry)
- creamy cashew mixture (above)
After the Soup Has Finished
Soak the cashews in water for about 30 minutes. Drain.
Add cashews, plant-milk, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, miso paste, and lemon juice to a high-speed blender. Been on high for about 3 minutes or until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
While cashews are soaking, dice onion and mushroom. Mince garlic if not using a jarred minced garlic.
Line the bottom of the Instant Pot pot (the one you can take out) with 1 cup of vegetable broth. Sauté the onion, mushrooms, and garlic for about 5 minutes. Your soup will be at pressure for only 3 minutes so this step is important or your onion will be crunchy.
Add in the Italian herbs, salt and pepper while the onion mixture is sautéing.
Add in 2 cups of frozen vegetables. Use the small diced mixed vegetables.
Pour the creamy cashew mixture on top along with the remaining 3 cups of vegetable broth and dried bow-tie pasta. Give it a stir.
Set the Instant Pot for 3 minutes high pressure. This will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure, depending on your pot.
After the Instant Pot comes to pressure and cooks for 3 minutes, let your pot naturally release for 12 minutes.
After 12 minutes of natural release, carefully release the rest on the steam/pressure with a long-handled spoon or similar device.
Open your pot and stir in a large handful (about a cup) of torn baby spinach. Stir around and it will wilt.
Salt and pepper to taste. Also, add in a little broth if the soup is too thick for your preference.
- This recipe uses raw cashews. If you use roasted cashews, you will need to soak longer. Make sure the salt is rinsed off.
- You must disclose that this recipe contains nuts to anyone you serve.
- I used cashew milk. Use the unsweetened plant milk of your choice. This might affect the consistency.
- I used a bow-tie pasta. The timing of the Instant Pot is based on using this type of pasta.
- The pasta is dry (uncooked) before cooking in the Instant Pot.
- The total cooking time is based on 10 minutes of sautéing, 3 minutes at high pressure, and 12 minutes of natural release. It does not include time the Instant Pot takes to come to pressure.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1767mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5840IU | Vitamin C: 18.6mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 3.5mg