Pumpkin Black Bean Soup (Vegan)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This Vegan Pumpkin Black Bean Soup is oil- free, hearty and creamy. It's easy to throw together using mostly canned ingredients. Enjoy on a cool, crisp, fall morning.
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth divided, more if needed to keep pan from burning
- 1 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder more or less to taste
- 10 turns ground black pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounce) solid pack pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie mix
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) black bean chili beans undrained
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) coconut milk full fat for flavor and lite to save calories
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) fire roasted diced tomatoes. undrained
- pepitas and chopped chives for topping optional
Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth to pan along with diced onion and sauté until very tender - about 10 minutes. Watch your pan though so that it doesn't dry up and burn. Add more broth if necessary. Make sure your onions are as fully softened before adding the rest of the ingredients as there is not much simmer time.
Add seasonings in, stirring coat the onions and slightly toast the seasonings.
Add in solid pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix), undrained black bean chili beans, coconut milk, and undrained diced tomatoes.
Add up to1/2 cup or so of broth to get the best consistency.
Stir together and heat through till barely brought to a boil and heated through.
Top with pepitas, and chopped chives. Serve warm.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 935mg | Potassium: 54mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.5mg