- Veggie Fun Kitchen
Oven Roasted Cauliflower Bites – 2 heads cauliflower cut into bite-szed pieces – 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos – 1 teaspoon chili powder – 2 Tablespoons oil (or leave out) – 1/2 teaspoon cumin – 1/2 teaspoon salt Coleslaw Mixture – 2 cups cole slaw mix (or shredded cabbage) – 2 green onions (white and green parts – chopped) – 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
Avocado Crema – 2 medium avocados – 1/4 teaspoon onion powder – 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon salt – 1 Tablespoon lime juice – 1/4 cup plant milk (unflavored and unsweetened) I prefer oat milk Street Tacos – 10 4 inch tortillas (street taco size – I prefer flour) – chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 380°
2. Cut the cauliflower into small bite-sized pieces. Add to a med-large bowl.
3. Add in coconut aminos, chili powder, cumin, and salt and oil if you are using it. Toss around so that all the cauliflower pieces are evenly coated.
4. Turn onto a silicone matt or a foil-lined (and oil sprayed) baking sheet. Roast at 380° for about 40 minutes or until cauliflower is browned and tender. Take out of oven.
1. In the meantime, make the coleslaw mixture as well as the avocado crema (directions follow).
2. Used prepackaged coleslaw mix. I like the tri-color with the green and red cabbage as well as carrots. If you prefer, you can make your own mixture.
3. Slice the green onions – both the white bulb and most of the green stem.
4. Add the coleslaw mix, sliced green onions, and seasoned rice vinegar to a medium sized mixing bowl and toss together.
1. Cut open avocados and spoon insides into a high-speed blender or food processor. (The finished product will be smoother in a food processor.)
2. Add in garlic and onion powders, salt, lime juice, and oat milk.
3. Process/blend until smooth.
1. Build your tacos with the oven-roasted cauliflower bites, slaw mixture, and avocado crema. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.