- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 1½ cup cooked quinoa see notes – 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Paste see notes – 16 ounces strawberries washed, cored, and quartered – 1/2 small red onion sliced thinly – 5 ounces baby spinach – 2/3 cup almonds sliced – dressing of choice not added in nutritional information – Optional - sliced vegan chicken
1. If you need to prepare the quinoa, prepare according to package directions for 1 1/2 cups cooked. I sub in vegetable broth for the water to give it extra flavor.
2. Add in 1 teaspoon of Better than Bouillon vegetable paste. to the prepared quinoa. If you do not have the bouillon paste, then sub in 2 T of liquid aminos or low low sodium soy sauce. Set aside.
3. Wash and cut the strawberries. I like to cut into quarters. Slice if that is your preference. Set aside.
4. Slice 1/2 red onion thinly. I like to slice thinly and then cut the thin slices in half.
5. Add the baby spinach, prepared quinoa, cut strawberries, sliced onions, and sliced almonds to a medium-large bowl. Toss gently.
6. Drizzle your choice of dressing on top.
7. Optional - add sliced cooked vegan chicken to the top of the salad.