- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 2 cups pecan halves – 3 Tablespoons vegan butter melted – 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce see comments for vegan brand – 1 teaspoon chili powder – ¾ teaspoon brown sugar – ½ teaspoon salt – ½ teaspoon garlic powder – ½ teaspoon onion powder – ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 255°
2. Prepare a large baking sheet with a silicone mat, parchment paper, or foil.
3. Melt the butter for about one minute in a microwave-friendly bowl.
4. Add in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, onion and garlic powders, smoked paprika, and powdered cayenne pepper. Whisk till mixed well.
5. Stir in the pecan halves and toss till well covered.
6. Spread onto a large prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Put in the 255° oven for one hour. See important next step.
7. You will bake this for one hour. Every 15 minutes remove from the oven and stir around for even baking. Move the pieces in the center to the outside sections and the pieces at the outside to the center. Place back in the oven for the next 15 minutes. Watch so that it doesn't begin to burn toward the end.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.