- Veggie Fun Kitchen
For the Salad – 5 cups romaine lettuce chopped – 1 small red onion sliced thin – 2-3 Roma tomatoes sliced – 8 pepperoncinis – ⅓ cup pitted black olives
For the Dressing – ½ cup vegan mayonnaise – ⅓ cup red wine vinegar – 2½ Tablespoons lemon juice – 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil – 2½ teaspoons Italian seasoning blend – ½ teaspoon garlic powder – 2 Tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese – ¼ teaspoon sea salt For Topping – vegan croutons – vegan parmesan cheese shreds
1. Wash, dry, and cut the lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Slice the red onion. Wash and slice the tomato. Drain and pat dry the peppers.
2. Place the prepared vegetables into a large bowl and toss to combine.
3. Juice the lemon if using fresh lemon.
4. Place all of the ingredients for the salad dressing -except for the parmesan cheese – into a blender or small food processor. Place the vegan mayo, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt into the blender and pulse until well blended and creamy. Add the vegan cheese and pulse lightly once more until mixed in.
5. Add the croutons, drizzle the salad dressing and toss well. Add more vegan parm and croutons if desired.