- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 1 cup shallots – diced (about 2) Can sub in onion of choice – 2 cloves garlic minced – 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings – 10 basil leaves chopped – plus more for garnish – 7.5 ounces artichoke hearts – chopped jarred/marinated and drained – 2 Tablespoons olive oil – 1/2 teaspoon salt – 29 ounces fire roasted tomatoes canned – 15 ounces tomato sauce canned – 2 Tablespoons tomato paste – 1 Tablespoon soy sauce – 2.25 ounces sliced black olives canned, drained – 1 Tablespoon capers drained – 3/4 teaspoon sugar – vegan parmesan optional – see notes by visiting site.
1. Slice/dice shallots or onion of choice. Mince garlic or use jarred chopped garlic. Set aside.
2. Chop drained artichoke hearts and basil. Set aside.
3. Line pan with oil and saute shallots/onions for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and Italian seasonings and continue to saute for one minute more or until fragrant.
4. Add the chopped basil, artichoke hearts, fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, black olives, capers, and sugar. Bring to a gentle boil.
5. Reduce heat to simmer. Continue simmering and stirring occasionally for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and the sauce to reduce some.
6. Top your choice of pasta with sauce. Top with vegan parmesan if desired.. See notes for a link to my cashew parmesan.