- Veggie Fun Kitchen
White Balsamic Vinaigrette – ½ cup white balsamic vinegar – ½ cup extra virgin olive oil light flavor – 2 Tablespoons agave – 1 teaspoon salt – 1 teaspoon ground black pepper – 2 garlic cloves – 1 shallot
Salad Mixture – 1 cup walnuts chopped, see notes for substitutions – 1 cup strawberries slice, about 8 large – 4 sage leaves sliced – 5 mint leaves sliced – 1 small red onion sliced thinly, about 1 cup – 5 ounces spring mix salad purchased prepared and washed, one container – 5 ounces vegan feta cheese see notes for suggestions
1. No need to mince the garlic and shallot. Simply peel and add to your high-speed blender. This will work even if your blender is not high speed. Just cut the shallot in quarters or smaller, and add to a blender along with the vinegar, olive oil, agave, salt, and pepper.
2. Blend for 30-45 seconds until mixed and creamy.
1. Chop the walnuts, slice the strawberries, slice the sage and mint leaves, and thinly slice the onion.
2. Add the five ounce container of "spring mix" salad to a large bowl. Add the walnuts, strawberries, sage, mint, and onion. Add the vegan feta cheese. If you did not purchase the feta cheese you will need to make it ahead of time. See the blog post for recipe suggestions. If you are using dairy feta cheese then just add it.
3. Toss together and drizzle the white balsamic on top. Serve