- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 8 ounces dry pasta – 1 Tablespoons olive oil – 8 cups chopped vegetables see notes for suggestion – 1½ teaspoons minced garlic – 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning – ½ teaspoon salt
1. Boil salted water according to package directions on box of pasta.
2. While the water is boiling chop all vegetables and set aside. See suggestions for vegetables below in the notes.
3. Add the olive oil to a saute pan and heat on high. Add the chopped vegetables, garlic, salt, and seasoning. Stir while sautéing on high for 2 minutes. It's about this time that you should add the pasta to the boiling water. (See next step.)
4. Once the water boils, cook the pasta according to package directions. When finish, drain and return to pan to use with sautéed vegetables (see next step).
5. While the pasta is boiling you can finish cooking the vegetables. By now you have already sauteed on medium/high for two minutes. Turn the heat down to medium/low and cover. Allow continuing cooking covered for 8 minutes while the pasta is cooking. (If you've timed it right then everything will be ready at the same time.)
6. After the vegetables have finished sautéing and cooking and the pasta has been cooked and drained, add the two together and toss to combine.
7. See suggestions in the notes below for sauce and topping recommendations.