- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 1 head cauliflower about 11 ounces – ¾ cup all purpose flour – ¾ cup plant milk unsweetened – ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon salt – 1 teaspoon black pepper – ½ cup bbq sauce or more to taste – ½ cup buffalo sauce or more, see notes for product suggestions
1. Preheat the air fryer to 350°.
2. Wash and cut the cauliflower into bit-sized pieces.
3. Combine flour, soy milk, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper into a large bowl. Stir to combine well.
4. Place breadcrumbs in a smaller seperate bowl.
5. Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter and then transfer to the bowl with breadcrumbs. Cover well. Place the covered cauliflower pieces on a pan or plate.
6. Place half of the pieces into the air fryer in a singe layer. Do not stack on top of each other.
7. Cook at 350°for 8-10 minutes until golden crisp. Stop and shake a couple of times during the cooking process for even cooking.
8. Remove the cooked cauliflower pieces from the air fryer and keep covered while cooking the second batch. Repeat with the second batch.
9. While the cauliflower is cooking you can prepare the sauce. Mix the bbq sauce with the buffalo sauce in another large bowl. Taste and adjust proportions.
10. Transfer the cooked cauliflower wings into the bowl with the combined sauces. Shake the bowl to cover the cooked cauliflower bites with the sauce mixture.
11. Optional: Serve with celery and carrot sticks and a side of (vegan) ranch or blue cheese dressing. Try one of mine listed below in the notes.