- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil – 1 cup white or yellow onion chopped – 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped – 10 ounces cauliflower about 4 cups bite-sized pieces – 29 ounces fire roasted tomatoes two 14.5 ounce cans – ¾ cups raw cashews – ½ cup water – ¼ cup vodka – ¼ cup nutritional yeast – 3 Tablespoons tomato paste – 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar – 1 teaspoon salt – 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning – ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes – fresh basil to garnish your dish
1. Rough-cut the onion and garlic cloves into med/small pieces.
2. Pour the olive oil into the Instant Pot and set to the saute mode. Add the onions and garlic. When they begin to sizzle, stir for three minutes until they begin to soften.
3. Add the other ingredients except for the fresh basil to the onion/garlic mixture. Add the cauliflower, cashews, nutritional yeast, water, fire roasted tomatoes, vodka, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, salt, Italian seasonings, and red pepper flakes. give it a stir.
4. Using manual, set the Instant Pot to 5 minutes on high pressure. The Instant Pot will begin to come to pressure and will take up to 10 minutes.
5. After the Instant Pot has come to pressure and counted down the five minutes, carefully do a quick pressure release.
6. Carefully (it will be hot) ladle the hot cooked ingredients including all of the liquid into a blender. This will reach the maximum capacity of a large blender. If your blender is not large enough to handle all of the cooked ingredients, blend in batches.
7. Start the blender on low and work up to high speed. The mixture will be hot so work up slowly with the lid firmly in place to avoid sudden splatters. Blend for about three minutes on high until the vodka sauce is smooth and creamy.