- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 16 ounces firm tofu – ½ cup raw cashews – water for soaking cashews discard – ½ cup water for blending – 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast – 2 Tablespoons lemon juice – 2 Tablespoons capers don't rinse – 1 Tablespoon white miso – 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon yellow mustard – 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar – 1½ teaspoons brine from the jar of capers – 1 teaspoon salt – ¼ teaspoon black pepper – 1 Tablespoon chives chopped
1. Press the tofu and soak the cashews in hot water for 30 minutes. While pressing and soaking you can assemble the other ingredients.
2. Drain the pressed tofu and pat dry. Cut one-third of the tofu from the rectangle and crumble. Set aside into a medium-sized bowl. Break the rest of the tofu into chunks and place in the high-speed blender.
3. Drain the soaked cashews and discard the water. Place in the blender with the 2/3 block of tofu.
4. Drain the soaked cashews and discard the water. Place in the blender with the 2/3 block of tofu.
5. Add the parsley and blend for another 30 seconds.
6. Pour the blended mixture over the crumbled tofu. Stir well.
7. Allow to rest in the refrigerator for about an hour for the flavors to better develop.
8. The flavor will only improve over time. This blue cheese dressing can keep tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to five days (as long as the tofu is within expiration).