- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 1½ cup water – ¾ cup sugar – 1¼ cup orange juice freshly squeezed – about 4 oranges
1. Combine the water and sugar in a heavy bottomed medium-sized saucepan.
2. On medium/high heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally . This might take up to 10 minutes. Continue boiling for 5 more minutes.
3. Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. When the simple syrup is just about cooled, sqeeze the juice from the oranges. If you use a cone juicer then you can save the empty halves for serving the finished sorbet.
5. Measure out 1¼ cup freshly sqeezed juice and add to the cooled simple syrup.
6. Pour into a 9×5 loaf pan and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours. Every 30 minutes stir the mixture with a spoon so that hard crystals don't form. Repeat for the next 3-4 hours until the sorbet becomes creamy and the hard icey crystals have dissapeared.