- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 4 cups watermelon cubed with seeds removed – 3/4 cup water – 1/2 cup granulated sugar – 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1. In a small/medium saucepan combine the water, sugar, and two tablespoons lemon juice. Stir to (mostly) dissolve the sugar.
2. Bring to a gentle boil over high heat and turn down to medium. Boil gently for three minutes. Set aside to cool. (I set aside in the fridge).
3. Cube and de-seed the watermelon.
4. Place the cubed watermelon and simple syrup you made in a blender. Blend on high till it turns to a smooth watermelon puree.
5. Taste the watermelon puree. If it is too sweet, add up to one more Tablespoon of lemon juice to balance the sweetness. If it tastes fine to begin with, then leave it alone.
6. If your ice cream maker requires that you cool or chill the puree, do so before proceeding.
7. Transfer to your ice cream freezer. Freeze according to directions on your ice cream maker/freezer.
8. When the desired sorbet consistency is reached eat right away or spoon the frozen mixture into an airtight freezer container.
9. You can save in the freezer for up to two weeks. If the sorbet is too frozen to scoop, allow to rest on the counter for about five minutes to soften slightly.