- Veggie Fun Kitchen
– 1 cup lemonade concentrate use my homemade lemonade concentrate – 13.5 ounce coconut milk lite you will use the full can – 3/4 cup coconut cream use the top solid layer from a can of full-fat coconut milk – 1 Tablespoon cornstarch – 1 teaspoon lemon zest – pinch of salt
1. Zest the lemon and set the zest aside.
2. You need two cans of coconut milk. One lite and one full-fat. Add the whole can of lite coconut milk to a heavy-bottomed saucepan. (The can will yield 1¾ cups.) Scoop out the top layer of cream from the can of full-fat coconut milk. You will need a total of 3/4 of coconut cream. If you don't have enough then make up the difference with a little bit of the coconut water left in the can. You will need a total of 2½ cups coconut milk/cream.
3. Bring to a gentle boil on med/high heat. This might take up to 10 minutes. You will need to stir the bottom of the pan to keep it from burning. Once it comes to a gentle boil, start timing one minute. Stir constantly. Your stirring might cause the boiling to stop. Just pause for a couple of seconds and then resume.
4. Remove from heat and add in the lemon zest, lemonade concentrate, and pinch of salt. Stir well and cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
5. This mixture should be well chilled before you attempt to make ice cream. This will take about 6 hours in the refrigerator or 2 hours in your freezer. In addition, if your ice cream maker requires the inner cylinder or bucket to be chilled, please do it now.
6. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and following the manufacturer's directions, freeze.
7. Even after it is "frozen" it still is not fully frozen. It will be like a soft-serve. Eat it that way if that is what you choose. OR put into a container and freeze for a few more hours.