These Pumpkin Spice Cresent Rolls definitely fall into the category of “vegan but not healthy” but are definitely tasty! They pull together super fast with some “accidentally vegan” items you can purchase at any grocery store and are perfect for a cozy lazy Saturday morning.
I love the cool crisp fall! I can finally pull out the cozy throw-blankets, turn on the fire and enjoy a sweet bite to eat with my cup of morning coffee. (If you haven’t tried my Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake, you owe it to yourself to give it a try! It is a made-from-scratch cake though, and is a little labor-intensive.) For a quick and easy breakfast sweet, make these pumpkin spice crescent rolls instead.
- The pumpkin breakfast sweet rolls pull together so quickly because you use canned pumpkin, apricot jam (I like the chunky kind), pumpkin pie spice, canned crescent rolls (I use Pillsbury), and Duncan Hines Vanilla Frosting. (These are all vegan at the time of this writing but do check your labels and make sure that ingredients haven’t changed.)
- While your oven is preheating, mix together just two tablespoons each of canned pumpkin (solid pack) apricot jam, along with 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Open the can of crescent rolls, lay flat and carefully separate. Working one at a time, spread a thin layer and roll up starting at the big end. Carefully place on a baking mat or pan of choice (affiliate link).
- Bake according to package directions. (So don’t throw the wrapper away and then take out the trash…true story lol!)
- While the pumpkin spice crescent rolls are baking, mix up just three tablespoons of frosting along with a little more pumpkin pie spice, and for a little seasonal fun – orange food dye.
- For an easy “drizzle” look, use a pastry bag!
Don’t these pumpkin spice crescent rolls looks so delicious!?! These are best served warm…with a steaming cup of your favorite breakfast beverage…in front of a fire….
Pin now to save for later:
You probably can’t help but notice that you have almost a whole can of pumpkin left!! No worries! After breakfast, use the rest to make my delicious, hearty and EASY Pumpkin Black Bean Soup! (Vegan of course!)
And if you are missing the traditional flavor of pumpkin pie, make my Vegan Pumpkin Pie with Cashew Creme. So good!
Pumpkin Spice Crescent Rolls
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin canned
- 2 Tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice DIVIDED
- 1 can crescent rolls 8 pieces
- 2 Tablespoons canned frosting
- orange food dye optional
- Preheat oven to 375° (or according to package directions)
- While oven in preheating, mix together pumpkin puree, apricot jam, and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Open crescent roll can and gently separate. Working one at a time, spread a thin layer on each crescent roll and starting at large end roll up. Place on baking sheet.
- When all 8 crescents have been rolled, bake for 9-12 minutes (or according to package directions), until golden on top.
- While crescents are cooking, mix together 3 Tablespoons of vanilla frosting, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, and orange food dye if desired. Put into pastry bag.
- Squeeze icing on top. Serve warm.